We use your personal information also known as ‘identifiable information’ such as name, age, gender, email id, address, etc. for the purposes of creation of an account on the website. We respect your privacy and recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of your personal information.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for creation of an account on our website;
- for improving our website by receiving feedback from you regularly;
- for improving our Services to you;
- for keeping you informed of any new Services on our website or any updating of our existing Services;
- for direct marketing through emails in compliance with the applicable Privacy Laws.
By using our website you consent to or indicate no objection to our direct marketing activities through emails. However, at the end of every email, we will provide you with unsubscribe instructions. In the event you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future periodic emails from us, you may opt to unsubscribe by following the instructions. We will stop sending you promotional / marketing emails once you unsubscribe. In case of any questions regarding our direct marketing activities, you may email us at email@example.com.
Protection of Your Data and Storage of Data
- All data uploaded by you will automatically be saved in our database. The payment information provided by you such as credit card/debit card / PayPal account information, etc. shall be transmitted through SSL technology and encrypted into the database of a payment gateway provider. We will not store your payment information.
- Our database shall be secure and protected by a password. Unauthorised individuals / entities / agencies will not have access to the database and to the data stored.
- In addition to storage of your personal information and uploaded content, we store the time you visit our website, IP address and the time and date of every page accessed for security reasons.
Protection of Our Data
You shall not provide unauthorized access to our website to any individual/entity/ agency. If you provide unauthorized access to any of the contents, it shall be considered a violation of the Terms and Conditions of the website and we can take disciplinary action against you including termination of your account for providing such unauthorized access.
You have a right to ask us in writing (free of charge) about your personal information held or stored by us. You may ask us to rectify any information of yours stored with us, with supporting evidence. After termination of your account held with us, you may ask for erasing your information permanently. We would not process your information against your wishes. If you do not want your information to be processed for direct marketing or any other purpose, you may inform us about it. You have a right to ask for portability of your data and also have a right to not subject you to automated decision making through third party websites, unless you expressly consent to it. We will reply to your request as above within 3 working days. You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosures for Legal Obligations
We shall not disclose any personal information, uploaded content or any information obtained from you except for when it is a legal obligation on our part to disclose such information or uploaded content to any public authority or a court of law on receipt of a notice from a public authority or a court of law requiring such disclosure by us in respect of any matter in which you are a party or are involved directly or indirectly in the said matter. In such instances we shall inform you of such receipt of notice and the legal obligation to make the disclosure.
We shall abide by Canadian Privacy Act and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (including subsequent amendments, if any) in order to protect and keep your personal data confidential.
Data Protection Officer
The contact detail of Data Protection Officer is as follows: Melinda@womenmakingbigsales.com
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
30, Victoria Street