In today’s world, we entrepreneurs are blessed with so many choices to find clients:
- Social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Networking organizations: BNI, Meetups, Associations, Conferences, Trade shows, etc.
- Affordable advertising: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Freelance markets: Upwork, Fivree, etc.
- Affiliate marketing
So why are so many entrepreneurs still struggling finding potential clients?
Sometimes, when faced with too many options, we tend to become overwhelmed.
For instance, I have been trying to eat more consciously. I want to choose foods that are not only good for my family, but also good for the environment. However, when I start to research these options online, I am flooded with information and I easily become overwhelmed and even more confused.
So many different diets out there…
Vegan, vegetarian, paleolithic, gluten-free, ketogenic, raw, local, etc.
They all have different and important health and environmentally conscious components. Even more importantly, how do I determine which diet is truly suitable for my family’s unique needs?
Finding the perfect sales strategy for your business is similar:
- There is so much information out there, it is easy to become overwhelmed and confused.
- I am unique and my business is unique. So what is the best sales strategy for me?
- Am I doing the right thing for my business or am I simply chasing a fad? Is there a better strategy for me out there
If you struggle with these questions, let me share with you my 3 simple steps for finding those ideal clients.
Sales strategy should be simple.
Success in sales shouldn’t rely on complicated strategy, but rather an unwavering enthusiasm to serve!
http://americandreamwindow.com/doors/staining-fiberglass-doors/ Step 1: WHO Are Your Idea Clients?
Do you know who your ideal clients are?
What do they do?
What is their age demographic?
What industry are they in?
What are the challenges they face every day?
Most of us have a basic idea who our ideal clients are. I want to encourage you to try to be as specific and focused as possible. a875c03a93442efae8fa2cb622fb4034 By being focused and specific when looking for your ideal clients, you will be able to:
- have a clear strategy on how to get in front of your ideal clients
- generate an authentic and compelling sales message
- create more impact with everything you do
- avoid feeling overwhelmed!
Here are some examples that might inspire you:
If you are a freelancer whose ideal clients are female entrepreneurs, can you specify:
- the number of years your ideal clients have been in business?
- what industry you would like to target?
- the number of social media sources they may already follow/have?
- some specific business challenges they may be facing? For example: increasing sales media engagement or streamlining/automating business set-up.
If you are a life coach who would like to help women, can you specify:
- the age demographic you would like to target?
- where they are located?
- what life events are they experiencing?
- their family/lifestyle demographic: single, married, kids? Etc.
Don’t know who your ideal clients are?
Want some brainstorming ideas for finding your ideal clients?
http://thewhiterosedentalpractice.co.uk/?utm_medium=cpc Check out the 5 most important questions to ask your potential clients. Find the clients that are most likely to buy from you.
Suva Reka Step 2: WHERE Are Your Ideal Clients?
Now that you know who your ideal clients are, it’s time to find out where they are.
I like to ask myself two questions when trying to find the “WHERE”.
- PLACES: Where do they hang out?
- PEOPLE: Who do they hang out with?
Both of these things can reveal telling insight about your clients’ values, habits, and priorities.
If you want some inspiration, check out Sales Strategy 101 where I share the complete list of places you can find your ideal clients.
Step 3: HOW to Get in Front of Your Ideal Clients
As a small entrepreneur, you don’t have a lot of time or resources. This step focuses on finding the BEST sales strategy for you (with your limited time and resources) and how to get in front of your ideal clients.
You are unique and so is your business.
You are far more likely to create sales success when you can focus on 1 or 2 sales strategies that will create the most impact.
I manage the sales of 2 businesses. One is Women Making Big Sales, selling to small, independent female entrepreneurs.
The other sells to business executives.
My two sales strategies for these two companies are completely different.
So how do you determine the best sales strategy for you?
There are a few factors to consider:
- Your connections – if you are blessed with many connections to your ideal clients, don’t ignore them! Your connections could be your secret weapon.
- Do your ideal clients gather in the same place? If your target clients tend to congregate in one spot, your sales strategy should be to focused on being present in that space.
- What is your “super power”? What do you feel more comfortable doing? If you are a sociable person, networking might work best for you. If you prefer cultivating deeper connections, building one-on-one relationships with individual potential clients might be best. Personally, I love analytics and testing. So I’ve been using Facebook ads to generate leads.
I’ve also created a tool called Your Map to Clients, to help you determine the best sales strategy unique to you and your business. Check it out!
I hope this blog helps you find some clarity on your sales strategy. Once you have a clear sales strategy, the most important thing is to focus on implementing this strategy consistently.
Sales is a journey. As long as you are moving forward, you will eventually get to your ideal clients. There is no doubt about it.
To moving forward!
P.S. Want more lead generation strategies? Check out How to Fill your Business with Prospective Clients Like A Sales Pro.